Monday, February 23, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Once again, Sadie was an outstanding showman--she impressed quite a few people with her abilities. She and Leonard were pulled as soon as the judge felt of the lamb. She then had to weigh him and wait in an alley with the other kids who were pulled. After that, they went back into the ring and showed again. Sadie and Leonard ended up 14th--only the top 9 sell. We were so proud of both of them. There were about 40 in her class and the weight range was from 100-113 with a 5 pound overage (which means some of the lambs were probably 118). Leonard topped the scales at 97 lbs. Once again he was small and mighty. I'll post pictures later.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
- The wind blew, AGAIN.
- Collected only 3 eggs (I'm wondering if the weather/wind affects this. But not enough to launch a full scale inquiry/experiment.)
- The roosters are fighting--they've been best buds for months and now they are going at it; there's even blood. If it hadn't been so dang windy, I would've tried to get pictures for you.
- T.S. swallowed a "coin." He was a little bit upset about this to say the least. I actually think it terrified him. Here's hoping we can collect our "change" in a day or two.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
- Checked out exhibits--YAY for free stuff!
- Petting zoo
- Magic Show
- FFA Barnyard--another post with Sadie's pictures of all the animals and babies coming soon
- Stock show food--overpriced but a GREAT indulgence!
- Fun with cousins, aunts, great-aunts, grandparents and friends
- Oh yeah, Sadie even showed a pig! (pictures to come--this is the only time we lost T.S.; right in the middle of Sadie's class. Don't worry, we found him and Sadie's "fans" have plenty of pictures to share.)
Sadie showed Wilbur on Thursday. She was pulled the first time through for the judge to look at again. She didn't place in the top ten but she showed like a pro. She's already talking about next year.
The happy face marked our pens.
Watching Robby clean up Wilbur. Sadie couldn't do this because she'd already changed into her show clothes.
Sadie waiting for her class to be called. She's posing with her very special pocket brush.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Tiger--the only girl