The kids received another delivery from The Happy Toy Maker this year. We are excited to be able to haul animals in our trailer and put out hay bales and feed with our pickup. The feed carrier on the pickup really works. The pickup even comes with a spare tire. Notice that the pickup and trailer are personalized. Thanks Sims Crew!!
Friday, December 26, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
We are officially on Christmas break. Here is what we've enjoyed so far:
- Games in front of the fire. Our latest favorite is Pictureka!
- Price is Right at 10am. Need I say more? Sadie and Robby are quite the bidders from the couch.
- Robby and the kids cleaned our arsenal today. Uncle Cody is coming and that means Robby has someone to go shoot stuff with--must be prepared. I loved over-hearing Robby explaining the process to Sadie and telling her what each gun is for.
- An incredible Christmas production. Sadie choreographed it and had the boys rehearsing it today. We even had to have a ticket to get in.
Here's wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas! May you be richly blessed!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Pictures of the program to come; we are having water issues today.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
On the way to Amarillo he announced he had a small hole in his pants. I told him not to put his finger in it and make it bigger. Right after we stopped and got gas in Canyon he announced, "Mom, look, how cool, I made the hole really big!" We had to stop at WalMart and get a pair of sweats for the rest of the day. Such joy!
He's been concerned about several things lately. Here are a few he voiced in the last few days.
- I only know one Christmas song--Jingle Bells.
- I wonder what locker I'll have next year. Me: Mrs. Osmanski will assign you one. What if I can't reach it? Me: All of the Kindergarten lockers are just your size. (He smiled.)
- Mom, I just don't know what song I'll play on my drum set if Santa brings it. Me: It doesn't matter, you can play anything. I guess I'll just play Jingle Bells. (remember it is the "only one he knows.")
As always, he was quite concerned in the car when I ventured off of our normal route. He wanted to know if I really knew where I was going and why I kept stopping. "Those are called stop signs, honey."
When we got home, he was happy to play outside and finally get some of the things on his list accomplished. The small amount of snow we had is really helping his crop. We had such a fun day. I could fill pages with all of his thoughts and observations in the car. A trip to town is always interesting with T.S.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
- Saturday we finally put the tree up--the first picture is of the kids in the Christmas tree box. T.S. said he was the "Flying Ace." (who knew he paid that much attention to Charlie Brown?)
- Saturday afternoon we loaded up the lambs and headed across the canyon to Claude for another jackpot. Sadie showed really well. We learned quite a bit, too. Leonard was once again the smallest lamb in his class and he placed second. (Sorry, Craig, the pictures aren't very good.) Otis was fourth.
- Sunday we visited Nonnie and put her Christmas tree up. The kids are playing outside--we are so grateful for a day that is warm enough to be out.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Other news of note: we discovered that the playroom, T.S.'s room and my closet really do have a floor. Amazing!!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Robby and Randy took a moment to pose with the "ice girl" directing you to the ICE! exhibit.
You'll also notice some new links on the side bar. I've been waiting for December to put them on. I'll warn you that the Snowflake site can be addicting. There's even a site to learn the "tricks" of animated snowflakes. The North Pole site is fun--lots to do and some ideas as well.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
- Robby and the kids fixed fence Sunday--you should see the cow skull they found. (I think there may be something to our bone business)
- I have finished nearly all of our Christmas shopping; now I just have to finish all the things I'm making for gifts.
- Sadie and Robby are finished with school until Monday--they are both very excited.
- We'll spend today and tomorrow getting ready to go visit the family in Aledo on Thursday evening. This means the cats will go to the garage and won't be allowed back in when we return.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Friday, November 21, 2008
I read a story in the paper (should I say on the paper since I read it online?) today about Dr. Pepper giving everyone a free one. Go to today's post on Laura's Thoughts for more info. (It's actually Thoughts of a Stay-at-Home Mom, but I refer to it as Laura's Thoughts because, well, they're my thoughts.)
Thursday, November 20, 2008
So, the spelling part. Studying for spelling at our house is a chore. So I found this web site. There is also a widget on the sidebar. I figure it is worth a shot. The plan is to put the words in on Monday and Sadie will want to study them all week (by playing games). We'll let you know how it works. Let us know if this site works for you or is helpful.
I took the widget off of the sidebar--Sadie isn't too interested in this--we'll see if she is as her list gets harder.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
T.S.: "Sell them."
Me: "To whom?"
T.S.: "Santa Claus."
We'll let you know if the transaction goes through. You might have an opportunity to invest in our bone collection and selling company.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
We got the coyotes to come close enough that dad shot one.
Me: Really? I thought y'all were clipping lambs.
Yeah, it came up close and dad shot it. You should have seen how far he threw it after he got it.
He fed it to the pigs.
Me: Really? I think I'll go out and ask dad.
No, don't do that.
I wish you could hear him tell stories. He is really quite believable, until he throws in a detail that just doesn't fit. His facial expressions are priceless as well. I was thinking, "well, Robby might have shot one." I hope he keeps telling tales.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
(Yes, he is standing up.)
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
- T.S., C.W. and I ran errands and we all made it home. (I really contemplated leaving one or both at the dollar store or the bank or the polling place.) We also enjoyed a nice visit with Nonnie.
- I voted--I don't think I've ever felt the way I did today in my many (we won't count them) years of voting.
- T.S. has figured out how to get C.W. to do the things I ask him to do. "Look mom, I'm letting him 'help' me."
- We have cow birds--those white birds that follow cows around. I went out to take a picture, but the kids were in the middle of the hay ring and the birds had mysteriously disappeared. (maybe tomorrow)
- The boys and I enjoyed a healthy snack this afternoon--strawberry smoothies. (Jennifer, don't faint)
- It is 7:05 and both kids are fed, bathed and in PJs. I'm definitely in the running for the coveted Mother of the Year Award.