BOW FAMILY ADVENTURES

Friday, September 26, 2008

Conversations in the Car

On the way home from the football game tonight, I realized there was a flyer on the windshield. It was about the Halloween carnival. T.S. took it and read it on the way home (in the dark). He announced he was pretty sure it was from Tryce and Kenli and that Kenli was going to let him come to her birthday (her birthday is in July). He also told me that it would be at Halloween. Here is the conversation that followed.
Me: What do you want to be for Halloween?
T.S.: A pirate.
Like you were last year?
Yes, I'm going to wear the mask.
You mean the eye patch?
No, the Batman one.
So you want to be Batman for Halloween?
Yes, a Batman pirate.
long pause
Mom, you need to get me a tiger suit.
A tiger suit?
Yes, you know, like a costume.
Oh, so you want to be a tiger for Halloween?
Yes.
I wonder what he'll end up choosing. Sadie used to decide months in advance and never waiver, not so with T.S. We'll have to put a cut-off date on choosing a costume, after that date he won't be able to change.
As we got out of the car:
Mom, look at all the pretty stars.
Yes, there are a lot tonight.
You know what would be really cool? A shooting star...

2 comments:

Jen said...

TS-Jake wants to be a blue bear. We are going to make him a costume. I can't wait to hear what you decide! Love, Aunt Jen

Janda Bressler said...

So I look forward to a Tiger, Pirate, Batman guy trick or treating me this yr. lol Pace is going to be a ninja this year cause he wants to carry swords!