BOW FAMILY ADVENTURES

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Petunia

We've mentioned Petunia a few times so I thought I'd show everyone a picture. She is a really good dog that is growing older and has lately had a little arthritis and seems to be a little hard of hearing. The kids call her Tunia or Tuna. She isn't well trained but we love her. Here are a few things for which we have come to depend on her:

  • snake killer
  • kid protector--she's always gone in front of the kids and checked out bushes, etc.
  • guard dog--she usually doesn't let strangers in the yard
  • hunter--we've found everything from pheasants, rabbits, rats and chickens in the yard--she loves to make sure you see what she killed

I decided that I needed to get a few pictures of her before it is too late. Every time I think she's about done she surprises me by running and playing with us. Hopefully she'll be around for a long time to come. She wasn't very fond of the camera. The one of her laying down is beside the air conditioner--one of her favorite spots. She loves to lay there and survey what's happening around her and bark at the occasional rabbit or nothing at all.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'll never forget the time Petunia saved us from the snake! Give her a pet from me! Love, Jen